We are all about moderation here at livehealthy.ae, and that means indulging in treats from time to time, like homemade ice cream made from the freshest, whole ingredients.
Once upon a time you needed a bulky appliance to make ice cream at home, but times have changed. The UAE’s online grocer Food Crowd shows you how.
Food Crowd homemade ice cream
- 4 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 150ml of whipped double cream
- 150ml thick natural yogurt
- 150ml of sieved summer berries
- Place the whipped cream in a large bowl and put to one side.
- Separate the eggs. Pour the yolks into a small bowl and the egg whites into a larger bowl.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until really stiff. Add the sugar, one teaspoon at a time, whisking for a few seconds after each addition.
- Beat the egg yolks for a few minutes until really thick and frothy. Using a large metal spoon, very gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the whipped cream and then add the sieved berries.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the cream mixture very gently — again using the metal spoon.
- Pour the mixture gently into a 2 liter plastic container and seal.
- Freeze overnight.
- Allow to thaw a little before serving.