The Lambshank Redemption
90g whole wheat flour
130g boneless lamb shoulder
30g wasabi peas
1g black salt
3g red chili pickle
8g red radish
80g julienned red onion, divided
2g green chili
5ml lime juice
30g green papaya paste (to make, puree green papaya with a few drops of water)
5g ginger-garlic paste (two portions)
20ml mustard oil
2g degi chili powder
1g garam masala powder
1g mace powder
1g green cardamom powder
2g coriander powder
1g tumeric powder
- Cut the lamb into roughly 40g pieces each and marinate with the papaya paste, ginger-garlic paste, salt, mustard oil, degi chili, garam masala, mace and cardamom powder for six hours.
- Skewer meat and cook in the oven at 350°F until just done. Remove, slice thinly and keep in a bowl.
- For roti, make a pliable dough with flour, salt and water. Roll out dough to a 14-inch diameter and cook quickly on a hot griddle without any fat, without any brown spots appearing. Remove from heat and keep covered with a cloth.
- Prepare coriander chutney with coriander, green chili, salt, black salt and lime juice.
- To make a tikka masala sauce, heat oil in a pan, saute first portion red onion until golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste, tomato, coriander powder, tumeric powder and salt. Cook until oil starts separating, blend until smooth, set aside.
- Sprinkle coriander and tikka masala sauce liberally on roti, top with lamb, the rest of the red onion, red chili pickle, dill, wasabi peas and red radish.
- Close roll, arranging ingredients as tightly as possible.
- Finish on a panini grill for 25 to 30 seconds or until there are deep golden grill marks.